No special experience is necessary to find the role for you!
Everything you need to know about volunteering at IFFR
You can sign up to volunteer by filling in the online registration form. In this form, you will be able to let us know about your skills & preferences. Registration for IFFR 2023 opens on 1 November 2022.
If this is your first year volunteering at IFFR, we will invite you to attend an intake meeting to get to know each other. If you are an alumni, we will review your application & assign you to a team based on your preferences & prior experience.
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- You have an EU passport/ID or EU residence permit;
- You have a good understanding of the English and/or Dutch language;
- You are available for a minimum of 5 shifts (between 5-7 hours per shift);
- You make your own arrangements in terms of travel and accommodation as the festival does not cover such expenses;
- You follow the offered trainings based on your role;
- You follow Covid-related & general volunteer guidelines;
- A friendly Tiger face & positive attitude.
- An IFFR 2023 Volunteers kit;
- A volunteer badge for access to screenings;
- Social events for volunteers;
- Meals & beverages during the shift;
- Access to the volunteers room during the shift;
- Special IFFR-discounts;
- Maasstad policy insurance during the festival;
- Relevant working experience, new contacts, the unique opportunity to experience the festival from within & our sincere appreciation.
A volunteer role for everyone
IFFR is a meeting place for film enthusiasts from many different backgrounds as well as a platform for openness and respect, wherefore the creation of an environment that safeguards freedom of expression without any form of intimidation, discrimination, sexism, or other disrespectful behaviour is essential.
We want to ensure all volunteers feel safe and included coming up to & during the festival. If you have any disability, impairment or sensitivity that you feel may impact your volunteering experience, please feel free to reach out to us (either through the registration form or by contacting us via +31 (0)10 890 90 80 or [email protected]) so we can find you the right team together.
For more information, please refer to the IFFR’s Code of Conduct.
Registration is open
Registration for IFFR 2023 is open.