In the second edition of RTM Pitch, you, as a talented Rotterdam filmmaker, will once again have the opportunity to submit a plan for a short film that connects with the spirit of IFFR. The winner of the pitch will receive an amount of € 20,000 for the creation of a film between 5 and 20 minutes long. In addition, as a winner, you will be guided and supported by an experienced Rotterdam film producer. In January 2022, your film will premiere during the 51st edition of IFFR.
RTM Pitch is part of RTM: IFFR's Rotterdam programme, in which films and makers from the Maasstad are in the spotlight. For one festival day, all the screening rooms of LantarenVenster are filled with fresh short and feature films, Rotterdam classics, events, talks, audiovisual experiments, video clips and installations, all devoted to film talent from 010. And by that we mean you.
How to participate?
Submit your film plan before Monday, 5 April 2021 via the application form here and linked in the sidebar. Please include a description of your story, where it takes place and information about yourself and your team. You may also add supporting images or previous work as an attachment.
Prefer to submit a video? Please do! Introduce yourself and your idea for your film in a maximum of three minutes. You can paste the link of your video (Vimeo or Youtube) in the field at the bottom of the form.
An independent jury, including a Rotterdam film expert and programmers from IFFR's short film programme, will judge the entries. Until the premiere, the winner will receive advice and coaching from an experienced Rotterdam producer during the development and production of the film project.
The winner will be announced on Saturday, April 24 2021, during RTM.
Information and selection criteria:
- You are a talented filmmaker of 18 years or older (starting or established)
- You live and work in the Rotterdam region
- The city of Rotterdam plays a leading role in the setting of your film, regardless of which district
- You put together your own team and work with your own producer or manager
- Your coach assigned by IFFR will be available to help you for ten half-days, up to the film’s premiere
- Your film addresses a current or social theme and ties in well with the IFFR profile
- In the selection, we look at innovation in form and content (so be original!)
- The language is not bound to Dutch or English and subtitling is allowed
- As a foreign student or filmmaker living in the Rotterdam region, you can also submit your plan in English
- You have from May to December 2021 available to create the film
- Arranging an extra budget yourself is of course allowed
Submit your film plan before Monday, 5 April 2021 via the application form below.