HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support
Through HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production support, the Hubert Bals Fund aims to encourage European producers to participate as a minority co-producer in high-quality film projects by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe. HBF+Europe is supported by the Creative Europe - MEDIA programme of the European Union. For upcoming application deadlines, please see here
Minority co-production support
HBF+Europe offers minority co-production support to European producers to participate in high-quality feature films by talented filmmakers from countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe.
- The scheme has a special spotlight on first and second feature films, but is also open to films by filmmakers more advanced in their career
- The funding is designed for international co-productions, in which at least one European and one non-European producer is involved
- The European producer should be the applicant and will conclude the funding agreement
- Only 25% of the HBF+Europe funding has to be spent in Europe, the other 75% can be spent elsewhere
- The scheme is especially designed to encourage European producers from countries with limited co-production schemes to participate
- Upcoming deadlines can be found here
The maximum amount awarded per project is €53,000. For past selections please see HBF Results.