CineMart project entry
Submissions are now closed. The selection of CineMart 2020 will be announced in December 2019.
CineMart will take place during IFFR Pro Days from 26 January to 29 January 2020.
The selection process for CineMart has two phases.
- After you have read and understood the CineMart rules and regulations, fill out the application form.
- The application form is available now in your account environment. This form will allow you to include detailed project information. For an overview of what information is requested, see here.
- It is not possible to edit the form after you have submitted it to CineMart, so please be thorough and careful when filling it out.
- Early in October, the CineMart selection committee will reach a decision on all submitted forms. You will receive notification through e-mail if your project is pre-selected or not. It is not possible to appeal the committee’s pre-selection decisions.
- If your project has been pre-selected, you are given one week to submit your full dossier (PDF or Word) by email and include previous work (online streaming). It is not possible to extend this one week period. The selection committee will reach its final decision on all pre-selected projects by early December 2019. You can find more information on which information to deliver when having been pre-selected here.
- Application materials and subtitles should be in English.
- The selection to CineMart is done in two phases:
1. a pre-selection of projects is made on the basis of the application forms.
2. pre-selected projects are invited to submit additional documentation for consideration
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- The selection committee's decisions can not be appealed.
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new or recent and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet.
- Projects should not have been presented at any other market or festival. There are a limited amount of exceptions. Please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities.
- The project should be for a feature film with theatrical potential (minimum length of 60 minutes)
- The project can be in different stages of development, but a complete screenplay should be available during CineMart;
- The project can be from all parts of the world.
- There should be a potential international market for the project.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
- A reference of films and projects that were selected for previous CineMart selections can be found here.
There is no entry fee for applications.
- Once a project has been selected, at least one representative should be present during the four days of CineMart (26 - 29 January 2020). CineMart offers one hotel room for the duration of the market
- Finished film projects sprung from the CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits. Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at CineMart of International Film Festival Rotterdam". The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.