CineMart project entry
Submissions for CineMart 2021 are now closed.
The next CineMart will take place during IFFR Pro Days from 1 to 5 February 2021.
The 2021 edition will be online. During these challenging times, our main goal is to support and inspire the filmmaking community and to provide a strong digital platform for our programmes to do so. Our mentors will guide the selected projects on the road to identifying the right potential partners and presenting the project in a way that captures its uniqueness. The CineMart selection will be presented to key industry guests during Spotlight, which will be followed by curated one- to - one meetings. The projects will be supported by our team throughout.
CineMart is known for a highly curated editorial line of distinct projects in story and form. We present projects by independent directors and producers and mostly arthouse work, even though there is a big variety by presenting smaller, more vulnerable work to films by an established team with a higher budget. The CineMart selection reflects the overall editorial line of the programme of International Film Festival Rotterdam.
The selection process for CineMart has two phases. Please note that all information provided should be in English, this includes subtitles.
- The application form is available now in your account. This form will allow you to include detailed project information. Please make sure to check the Rules & Regulations first.
- Early in October, the CineMart selection committee will reach a decision on all submitted forms. The contact person will receive the decision by e-mail.
- If your project is pre-selected, you are given one week to submit your full dossier (PDF) by email that includes links to previous work. It is not possible to extend this one week period. The selection committee will reach its final decision on all pre-selected projects by early December 2020.
Selection Criteria & General Rules
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans, and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new to the market and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet. If your project was presented at another market, there are a limited amount of exceptions. Please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities.
- The feature film is intended for theatrical release(minimum length of 60 minutes)
- A complete screenplay should be available during CineMart;
- The project should have at least have national (development) funding or third - party investment secured when submitting the project.
- The project can be from all parts of the world.
- The project is set up as a co-production and there should be a potential international market for the project.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- The selection committee's decisions can not be appealed.
- A reference of films and projects that were selected for previous CineMart selections can be found here.
There is no entry fee for applications.
- Once a project has been selected, the director and producer(s)at least one representative should be digitally present during the four days of CineMart (27 - 30 January 2021).
- CineMart offers one hotel room for the duration of the market.
- Finished film projects sprung from the CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits.
- Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at CineMart of International Film Festival Rotterdam".
- The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.
Inke van Loocke
IFFR Pro, CineMart & Rotterdam Lab Manager
Project Manager CineMart
Tiger Alert Pro newsletter
Our newsletter for film professionals worldwide.