CineMart project entry
Submissions for CineMart 2022 are now open.
The 39th CineMart edition will be held during IFFR Pro Days at IFFR 2022 which will take place between 26 January and 2 February. Exact dates will follow shortly.
CineMart is known for its highly curated editorial line of distinct projects in story and form. We present projects by independent directors and producers and mostly arthouse work, ensuring there is a wide variety by presenting smaller, more vulnerable work alongside films by established teams with higher budgets. The CineMart selection reflects the overall editorial line of the programme of International Film Festival Rotterdam.
The selection process for CineMart has two phases. Please note that all information provided should be in English, including subtitles.
- Fill in the form through the link in the sidebar of this page. This form will allow you to include detailed project information. Please make sure to check the Selection Criteria & General Rules below first. The deadline is 1 September 2021, 23:59 CEST.
- In 4 – 6 weeks after the deadline, the CineMart selection committee will reach a decision on all submitted forms. The contact person will receive the decision by email.
- If your project progresses to the next round, you are given one week to submit your full dossier by email as a PDF, including links to previous work. It is not possible to extend this one week period. The selection committee will reach its final decision on all pre-selected projects by early December 2021.
Selection Criteria & General Rules
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans, and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new to the market and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet. If your project was presented at another market, there are a limited number of exceptions that might allow it to be considered for CineMart. Please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities.
- The feature film is intended for theatrical release (minimum length of 60 minutes).
- A complete screenplay should be available during CineMart.
- The project should have at least national (development) funding or third-party investment secured when submitted.
- The project can be from any part of the world.
- The project is set up as a natural co-production and there should be a potential international market for the project.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- The selection committee's decision can not be appealed.
- A reference of films and projects previously selected for CineMart can be found here.
There is no entry fee for applications.
- Once a project has been selected, at least one representative – the director and/or producer(s) – should be present during the four days of CineMart (between 26 January and 2 February, exact dates tbc).
- CineMart offers one hotel room for the duration of the market.
- Finished film projects realised after CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits.
- Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at CineMart of International Film Festival Rotterdam".
- The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.
CineMart project entry
Inke van Loocke
IFFR Pro, CineMart & Rotterdam Lab Manager
IFFR Pro, HBF Coordinator & CineMart Project Manager
Tiger Alert Pro newsletter
Our newsletter for film professionals worldwide.