CineMart project entry
Submissions are now open for the 41st edition of IFFR’s co-production market CineMart, which will take place during IFFR 2024 (25 January – 4 February).
Find out about CineMart
CineMart is IFFR Pro's co-production market, where a carefully curated lineup of projects in development are presented to international industry representatives.
IFFR Pro Immersive
CineMart also presents a lineup of immersive media projects in the IFFR Pro Immersive selection.
Find out more about IFFR Pro Immersive
CineMart regulations & selection criteria
General conditions and project requirements
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans, and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new to the market and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet. If your project was presented at another market, there are a limited amount of exceptions. Please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities.
- The feature film is intended for theatrical release (minimum length of 60 minutes).
- The project can be from all parts of the world.
- The project should have both a director and a producer attached.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
- The project should have at least national (development) funding or third-party investment secured when submitting the project.
- The project is set up as a co-production and there should be a potential international market for the project.
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- A complete screenplay should be available during CineMart.
- The selection committee's decisions can not be appealed.
There is no fee for CineMart applications.
The selection process for CineMart has two phases. Please note that all information provided should be in English, including subtitles.
- Fill in the form through the link in the sidebar of this page. This form will allow you to include detailed project information. Please make sure to check the Selection Criteria & General Rules below first. The deadline is 1 September 2023.
- 4 – 6 weeks after the deadline, the CineMart selection committee will reach a decision on all submitted forms. The contact person will receive the decision by email.
Read more about submitting a project, what materials to provide and selection criteria here.
If your project progresses to the next round, you are given one week to submit your full dossier as a PDF, including links to previous work. It is not possible to extend this one-week period. The selection committee will reach its final decision on all pre-selected projects by early December 2023.
Read more about what information to submit after preselection here.
- Once a project has been selected, at least one representative – the director and/or producer(s) – should be present during the four days of CineMart.
- CineMart offers one hotel room for the duration of the market.
- Finished film projects realised after CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits. The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.
- Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] was presented at CineMart [year of participation] of International Film Festival Rotterdam".
Submit your project
Inke Van Loocke
Head of Pro
Lara González Lobo
CineMart Project Coordinator
Tiger Alert Pro newsletter
Our newsletter for film professionals worldwide.