Several films which screened at IFFR or were backed by IFFR Pro have been submitted to the Oscars.
The list of submissions to the 94th Academy Awards for the Best International Feature Film has been finalised and includes plenty of titles that were either selected for IFFR, supported by our Hubert Bals Fund, or pitched at our co-production market CineMart.
The submitted titles had to be released theatrically in their respective countries between 1 January and 31 December 2021. A shortlist of fifteen titles will be announced on 21 December, with a final selection of five nominees scheduled to be announced on 8 February 2022. Fingers crossed for these IFFR favourites!
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Tabija, Igor Drljača, 2021, Hubert Bals Fund Script and Project Development 2012, CineMart 2014
- Blanco en blanco, Théo Court, 2019, Hubert Bals Fund Script and Project Development 2011, IFFR 2020
- Memoria, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2021, Colombia, Hubert Bals Fund Script and Project Development 2018
- Clara Sola, Nathalie Álvarez Mesén, 2021, HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support 2017, Harbour selection IFFR 2022
- Freda, Gessica Généus, 2021, Hubert Bals Fund Script and Project Development 2019, Bright Future selection IFFR 2022
- Pebbles, Vinothraj P.S., 2021, Tiger Competition winner at IFFR 2021
- Noche de fuego, Tatiana Huezo, 2021, HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support 2018, Harbour selection IFFR 2022
- Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn, Radu Jude, 2021, CineMart 2020
Film still: Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn
Film still: Blanco en blanco
Film still: Clara Sola
Film still: Noche de fuego
Film still: Pebbles
Film still: Tabija