Bright Future Competition
Filmmakers presenting the world or international premiere of their first feature length film in the main programme of IFFR's section Bright Future, are eligible for the Bright Future Award.
The Bright Future section is bursting with films from mostly young, upcoming directors and talents who enrich the cinematographic landscape with their often daring and innovative films. A jury of three film industry and film festival professionals decide which selected film wins the award. The award comes with €10,000, to be spent on the development of a next film project.
- António Um Dois Três, Leonardo Mouramateus
- Cactus Flower, Hala Elkoussy
- Children Are Not Afraid of Death, Children Are Afraid of Ghosts, Rong Guang Rong
- Corpo elétrico, Marcelo Caetano
- Drifting Towards the Crescent, Laura Stewart
- Haruneko, Hokimoto Sora
- I Am Truly a Drop of Sun on Earth, Elene Naveriani
- Inside the Distance, Elias Grootaers
- Mes nuits feront écho, Sophie Goyette
- Pela janela, Caroline Leone
- The Pot and the Oak, Kiarash Anvari
- Selbstkritik eines bürgerlichen Hundes, Julian Radlmaier
- Super Dark Times, Kevin Phillips
- Los territories, Iván Granovsky
- Ugly, Juri Rechinsky
- William, el nuevo maestro del judo, Ricardo Silva, Omar Guzmán.
- Marta Donzelli
- Marleen Slot
- Jean-Pierre Rehm.
Mes nuits feront écho, Sophie Goyette
Las Lindas by Melisa Liebenthal