General press info
TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR ATTENDANCE / SAVE THE DATES
Please do take a minute to read the following information on the dates and structure of the screenings of International Film Festival Rotterdam 2018.
- Opening Night: Wednesday 24 January (screenings are by invite only)
- Press & Industry Screenings: Thursday 25 January – Friday 2 February
- Public Screenings: Thursday 25 January - Saturday 3 February (on the last festival day, Sunday 4 February, only prebooked screenings take place)
- Short and mid-length film section: Thursday 25 January - Saturday 3 February
- Awards Night of the Tiger Awards Competition for Short Films: Sunday 28 January
- 34th CineMart: Sunday 28 January - Wednesday 31 January
- Closingparty of CineMart, with following awards: Eurimages Co-Production Development Award, Arte International Prize, and the Wouter Barendrecht Award. Wednesday 31 January
- IFFR's Awards Night (Hivos Tiger Awards, Big Screen Award, Warsteiner Audience Award, Impact Cinema Bright Future Award, NETPAC, FIPRESCI, Moviezone Award, Hubert Bals Fund Dioraphte Award, KNF Awards): Friday 2 February
UPON ARRIVAL: COLLECTING YOUR IFFR PRESS BADGE
- Your IFFR press badge is available from Wednesday 24 January 9:00 hrs. Upon arrival in Rotterdam, collect your badge at the Accreditation Desk in IFFR professionals centre 'de Doelen' (3rd floor). After paying the aforementioned accreditation fee of 50 Euro you will receive your badge.
- After collecting your badge please visit the Press Desk, located at the same floor as the Accreditation Desk, to receive additional press information and your festival bag.
HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR BADGE
IFFR has the following services available to accredited media:
Accredited journalists are welcome to attend the extensive programme of IFFR PRO (Press & Industry) screenings. As public screenings tend to be very busy and are often fully booked, we strongly advise you to schedule your personal programme around the PRO Screenings. As an IFFR press badge holder, you do not need tickets to attend these Screenings. Simply present your badge at the entrance of the PRO screening auditorium for scanning purposes.
Any changes in scheduled times and titles will be published on the IFFR website.
Tickets for public screenings can be booked through the website once logged in you're your MyIFFR account.
Please cancel your reservation if you are not able to attend, so we can make someone else very happy.
Please be sure your arrival and departure dates are in your MyIFFR-account. So the press team will be able to help you as best as possible.
The IFFR Press Office offers information on the festival organisation, the programme, CineMart, the Hubert Bals Fund and all other IFFR events. During the festival, the Press Office can be found at de Doelen (3rd floor, behind the Press Desk). IFFR Press Officers will be present for comments, information and for arranging interviews with the IFFR staff members.
The IFFR Press Desk is located at the 3rd floor of IFFR professionals centre de Doelen. The Press Desk team will assist you in finding your way through the festival and handle your interview requests with attending directors. It's suggested to visit the Press Desk upon arrival. You can also reach the Press Desk through pressdesk@IFFR.com.
The Press Desk opening hours are:
- Wednesday 24 January 2018 from 9:00 till 19:00 hrs
- Thursday 25 January - Wednesday 31 January from 9:00 till 20:00 hrs
- Thursday 1 February - Saturday 3 February from 9:00 till 18:00 hrs
Interview Requests and Interpreters
IFFR accredited media are invited to contact the Press Desk for arranging their one-on-one interview requests with attending talent. A special interview room is available, however the surroundings of the 3rd floor of de Doelen offer good informal spots as well. For interview requests with directors from films acquired for distribution within the Netherlands, the Press Desk collaborates with the distributors' representative. In case an interpreter is needed during the interview session, the Press Desk will arrange for this as well.
IFFR sends out e-mail press releases with news about IFFR, CineMart and the Hubert Bals Fund throughout the year. All press releases are available online on the IFFR website here.
IFFR has no regular schedule of press conferences but prefers to offer one-on-one or roundtable interviews. If however a Press Conference takes place, an invitation will be distributed by e-mail and the schedule will be announced at the Press Desk.
IFFR press badge holders can download official press stills of al the selected films through a special dropbox.
IFFR press badge holders are welcome to use the digitized IFFR Video Library to view festival titles individually.
IFFR press badge holders can download a digital press kit through your MyIFFR-account.
Press & Industry work space, Wi-Fi
In de Doelen we offer you free access to our wireless Internet network. On the 3rd and 4th floor of de Doelen you will also find a special work space with printing and copying facilities.
Photo Calls at world premieres
Fifteen minutes prior to the first public screening of all films in Tiger Awards Competition, of world premieres and of films with high profile delegations attending, a photo call with the film's delegation will take place near the screening room.
Audiovisual registration of festival events
Photographing and filming at a screening is possible during introductions and Q&A's only. Please note that registering audio(visual) material of any film screening is strictly forbidden.
To register for IFFR 2018 events such as Award Ceremonies and for further information or assistance, please don't hesitate to contact the Press Office via press@IFFR.com.