NFF+HBF Co-production Scheme
The NFF+HBF Coproduction Scheme (previously HBF Plus) is a collaboration between the Netherlands Film Fund and the Hubert Bals Fund. The NFF+HBF programme offers support twice a year. For upcoming application deadlines, please see here.
Annually, between 20 to 40 film productions are realised with the support of the Hubert Bals Fund. In order to stimulate the involvement of Dutch producers in international co-productions, and to support Hubert Bals Fund projects in the stage of production, the Netherlands Film Fund and the HBF have set up NFF+HBF Netherlands Film Fund - Hubert Bals Fund Co-production Scheme.
The Netherlands Film Fund sets available an amount of €200,000 for the NFF+HBF scheme per year. Dutch producers can be awarded a maximum of €50,000 production support in order to co-produce a film that has received a script development grant by the HBF.
An overview of past selections can be found here.
How to apply
Only Dutch producers can apply for financial support from NFF+HBF. Projects eligible for the NFF+HBF programme are those that have been granted HBF support for HBF Script and Project Development at an earlier stage, and that are now looking for funds to finance the production.
The NFF+HBF Guide contains all eligible projects and contact details of all eligible Dutch production companies. It is available for download here (update January 2017).
NFF+HBF applications should be done at the Netherlands Film Fund.
- Applicants are Dutch (co-)producers
- Maximum contribution is €50,000
- Maximum 10% overhead and producers fee
- 50% of the committed amount (including overhead and fee) must be spent on Dutch services, cast and crew
- The project must have received HBF Script and Project Development support
- The total production budget cannot be more than €1,000,000
- The Dutch producer must have produced at least one theatrically released feature film
- Applications be done at the Netherlands Film Fund
- Cover letter of Dutch producer
- Updated synopsis
- Director's statement
- Script (in English)
- Total budget
- Finance plan (listing the contributions of attached partners)
- Expenditure plan of Dutch producer (written explanation)
- Company profiles of all involved producers
- Deal memo / co-production agreement(s)
- Production schedule
- Bio/filmography and previous work of director (DVDs or a link available online)
- Written explanation on distribution strategy / audience engagement plan for finished film