HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support
Through HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production support, the Hubert Bals Fund aims to encourage European producers to participate as a minority co-producer in high-quality film projects by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe. HBF+Europe is supported by the Creative Europe - MEDIA programme of the European Union. For upcoming application deadlines, please see here.
HBF+Europe also offers the HBF+Europe: Distribution support, that offers financial support to the distribution of feature films by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America and parts of Eastern Europe, to stimulate the promotion and circulation of international co-productions in Europe and beyond.
Minority co-production support
HBF+Europe offers minority co-production support to European producers to participate in high-quality feature films by talented filmmakers from countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and certain countries in Eastern Europe.
- The scheme has a special spotlight on first and second feature films, but is also open to films by filmmakers more advanced in their career
- The funding is designed for international co-productions, in which at least one European and one non-European producer is involved
- The European producer should also be the applicant and will conclude the funding agreement
- The majority of the HBF+Europe funding does not need to be spent in Europe, but can be spent elsewhere
- The scheme is especially designed to encourage European producers from countries with limited co-production schemes to participate
- Upcoming deadlines can be found here.
The maximum amount awarded per project is €55,000. For past selections please see HBF History.