CineMart project entry
Please note: the application form is available from the first week of August; the deadline for submitting a project to CineMart is 1 September.
The selection process for CineMart takes place in two phases. Please read our rules and regulations before submitting your project, you can find them below.
- After you have read and understood the CineMart rules and regulations, fill out the application form.
- The application form will be available from the first week of August onwards up until 1 September on MyIFFR. This form will allow you to include detailed project information. For an overview of what information is requested, see here.
- It is not possible to edit the form after you have submitted it to CineMart, so please be thorough and careful when filling it out.
- Early October, the CineMart selection committee will reach a decision on all submitted forms. You will receive notification through e-mail if your project is pre-selected or not. It is not possible to appeal the committee’s pre-selection decisions.
- If your project has been pre-selected, you are given one week to submit your full dossier (PDF or Word) by email and include previous work (online streaming). It is not possible to extend this one week period. The selection committee will reach their final decision on all pre-selected projects by early December 2017. You can find more information on which information to deliver when having been pre-selected here.
- Application materials and subtitles should be in English.
- The selection to CineMart is done in two phases:
1. a pre-selection of projects is made on the basis of the application forms.
2. pre-selected projects are invited to submit additional documentation for consideration
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- The selection committee's decisions can not be appealed.
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new or recent and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet.
- Projects should not have been presented at any other market or festival. There are a limited amount of exceptions. Please contact us directly to discuss the possibilities.
- The project should be for a feature film with theatrical potential (minimum length of 60 minutes)
- The project can be in different stages of development, but a complete screenplay should be available during CineMart;
- The project can be from all parts of the world. During the making of the final selection a geographical spreading will be taken into account.
- There should be a potential international market for the project.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
- A reference of films and projects that were selected for previous CineMart selections can be found here.
There is no entry fee for applications.
- Once a project has been selected, at least one representative should be present during the four days of CineMart (28 - 31 January 2018). CineMart offers one hotelroom for the duration of the market
- Finished film projects sprung from the CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits. Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at CineMart of the International Film Festival Rotterdam". The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.