Online Editor & Community Specialist
IFFR is one of the largest audience and industry-driven film festivals in the world. The festival offers a high quality line-up of carefully selected fiction and documentary feature films, short films and media art. During twelve festival days, hundreds of filmmakers and other artists from all over the world present their work to a large audience (329,000 admissions and 2,405 film professionals in 2018). IFFR actively supports new and adventurous filmmaking talents through numerous film industry initiatives including the co-production market CineMart, and it’s Hubert Bals Fund. The 48th edition of IFFR will take place from 23 January until 3 February 2019.
We are currently looking for a native English:
Online Editor & Community Specialist
What will you be doing?
- Develop and implement a web editorial strategy that translates IFFR ambition and objectives online under the supervision of the Marketing & Communication Manager
- Work with programme colleagues, Public Relation department, IFFR PRO department and other organisational stakeholders to create content that meets the highest level of IFFR editorial standards
- Edit web stories and overall web content to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency with IFFR’s goals, strategies, messages and brand
- Ensure IFFR year-round activities web-presence and IFFR awareness prior to festival editions. Make sure that IFFR editions are optimally planned, then implemented online
- Ensure that events or programmes are published in a timely manner. Similarly ensure smooth implementation of the online ticket sales processes
- Ensure that IFFR’s stories reach the right audience through the right online channels
- Develop distribution strategy that drives increased web traffic and onsite engagement in cooperation with the Data Analyst
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Incorporate multimedia and social media content assets into the IFFR.com ecosystem
- Establish a two-way traffic between social and web channels to increase overall digital engagement metrics in cooperation with Online Marketer & Data Analyst, and Newsletters Coordinators
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience/community identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text copy complemented with images or commissioned videos) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with IFFR policy
- Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- As team member of the Marketing & Communication team, you also work on dedicated subprojects under the guidance of the Marketing & Communication Manager
Who are you?
- You have a proven working experience as Online Editor and Social Media Marketing/Digital Media Specialist
- You are curious, you have a creative mind and a strong affinity with online innovations and trends
- You possess excellent English writing skills, and you can repurpose and simplify complex messages for social media platforms
- You demonstrate an excellent knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels
- You are structured and great at establishing priorities and managing different storylines
- You are equally passionate and proficient when it comes to writing about the film industry, festivals and arts and culture in general
- You possess excellent consulting, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- You understand social analytics tools and you have an adequate knowledge of CRM (Drupal), web design, CRO and SEO
- You show a positive attitude, you are detailed and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational qualities
- You live in or near Rotterdam
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to be part of the largest film festival in the Netherlands which will run from 23 January until 3 February 2019
- Work alongside a dedicated team who share your passion for independent film and marketing
- Insider tips for memorable films, unexpected encounters and fabulous events
Sounds like you? Then please use the link below to share your cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!