NFF+HBF Co-production Scheme
The NFF+HBF Coproduction Scheme (previously HBF Plus) is a collaboration between the Netherlands Film Fund and the Hubert Bals Fund. The NFF+HBF programme offers support twice a year. For upcoming application deadlines, please see here.
Annually, between around 30 film productions are realised with the support of the Hubert Bals Fund. In order to stimulate the involvement of Dutch producers in international co-productions, and to support Hubert Bals Fund projects in the stage of production, the Netherlands Film Fund and the HBF have set up the Netherlands Film Fund - Hubert Bals Fund Co-production Scheme.
The Netherlands Film Fund sets available an amount of € 200,000 for the NFF+HBF scheme per year. Dutch producers can be awarded a maximum of € 50,000 production support in order to co-produce a film that has received a script development grant by the HBF.
An overview of past selections can be found here.
How to apply
Only Dutch producers can apply for financial support from NFF+HBF. Projects eligible for the NFF+HBF programme are those that have been granted HBF support for HBF Script and Project Development at an earlier stage, and that are now looking for funds to finance the production.
The NFF+HBF Guide contains all eligible projects and contact details of all eligible Dutch production companies. It is available for download here (update March 2018).
NFF+HBF applications should be done at the Netherlands Film Fund.
- Applicants are Dutch (co-)producers
- Maximum contribution is € 50,000
- Maximum 10% overhead and producers fee
- 50% of the committed amount (including overhead and fee) must be spent on Dutch services, cast and crew
- The project must have received HBF Script and Project Development support
- The total production budget cannot be more than € 1,000,000
- The Dutch producer must have produced at least one theatrically released feature film
- Applications should be done at the Netherlands Film Fund
- Cover letter of Dutch producer
- Updated synopsis
- Director's statement
- Script (in English)
- Total budget
- Finance plan (listing the contributions of attached partners)
- Expenditure plan of Dutch producer (written explanation)
- Company profiles of all involved producers
- Deal memo / co-production agreement(s)
- Production schedule
- Bio/filmography and previous work of director (DVDs or a link available online)
- Written explanation on distribution strategy / audience engagement plan for finished film
The NFF+HBF Co-development Scheme
Through the NFF+HBF Co-development scheme by the Netherlands Film Fund, the HBF can support ten more projects each year within the Script & Project Development Support scheme. In consultation with the Netherlands Film Fund will be determined which selected projects will be supported through this scheme. The handling will be done by the HBF and the awarded grant and contract conditions are exactly the same as when being supported by HBF funding.