Media Outreach & Inclusion Scheme 2024
We are pleased to announce the return of our Media Outreach & Inclusion Scheme: applications are now open for journalists and media makers from a wide range of backgrounds to attend IFFR in 2024.
Following its successful launch last year, we will host the second edition of our Media Outreach & Inclusion Scheme during IFFR 2024. By welcoming new and diverse voices to report on the festival, the scheme aims to remove barriers to journalists and media makers from communities that are currently underrepresented in the festival’s press community.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
We invite applications from journalists and media makers who:
- identify as coming from an ethnically diverse and/or minority community, and/or a person of colour; and/or
- identify as LGBTQIA+; and/or
- identify as a woman, a non binary person; and/or
- have a disability.
Although people not based in the Netherlands are welcome to apply, please be aware that the scheme is designed with local and national journalists and media makers in mind.
Applicants must not have covered IFFR on more than one occasion in the past.
What will we offer?
IFFR aims to immerse participants fully into the festival experience and enables them to participate in press/networking events and delivery of content. The programme is hosted by the IFFR Press Office and the festival’s editorial staff. This year, the programme has been expanded to include a range of workshops with industry professionals, access to press events, as well as networking drinks, dinners and festival events to connect with other attendees.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Complimentary press accreditation for the festival
- Travel allowance if travelling to Rotterdam within the Netherlands
- A series of workshops and expert sessions
- Invitations to meet ups and social events to meet fellow participants
- Amplification of content produced via IFFR channels (socials and newsletters)
- Networking and development opportunities, including access to all the press events hosted during the festival, such as IFFR Opening Night, press drinks and Art Directions Walk.
IFFR runs from 25 January to 4 February 2024.
What do we require from you?
Unlike our usual press accreditation, no editor’s note or connection to an affiliated outlet needs to be submitted. Instead, we ask you to submit a:
- Selection of your previous work covering film, culture or anything that you consider relevant (for example, three reviews, a link to a podcast, or a vlog)
- Motivation letter, no more than one page (A4) indicating why you would like to cover the festival, and also outlining how we would help you to do so, including in ways not mentioned above
To apply, please send your application to [email protected] by 17.00 (CST) Friday 22 December 2023.
To view coverage from the 2023 cohort of journalists supported through this scheme, click here.
IFFR Press Office