Media Outreach & Inclusion Scheme
IFFR has always championed new voices in its film programme and beyond. Having a plurality of experiences and perspectives is what makes the festival special.
For our next festival edition in 2023 we are launching our Media Outreach & Inclusion Scheme which aims to welcome new and diverse voices to report on the festival by removing barriers to journalists and media makers from communities who are underrepresented in the festival's press community.
With the help of the feedback from the inaugural participants, we aim to develop and advance the scheme across future editions in line with how we are best able to support participants.
Although we will take into consideration all applications, the scheme is designed to be most helpful for local and national journalists and media makers within the Netherlands.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
We invite applications from journalists and media makers who:
- identify as from an ethnically diverse and/or minority community, and/or a person of colour; and/or
- identify as LGBTQIA+; and/or
- identify as a woman, a non binary/gender diverse person; and/or
- have a disability
Applicants must not have covered IFFR more than on one occasion in the past.
What will we offer?
- Complementary press accreditation for the festival.
- Travel allowance if travelling to Rotterdam within the Netherlands.
- Office facilities within our festival office at ‘De Doelen’, which may include materials such as podcasting equipment on request.
- Daily lunch.
- Amplification of content produced via IFFR channels (socials and newsletters).
- Networking and development opportunities, including access to all the press events hosted during the festival.
What do we require from you?
Unlike our usual press accreditation, no editor’s note or attached outlet must be submitted. Instead, we ask you to submit a:
- Selection of your previous work covering film, culture or anything that you consider relevant (for example, three reviews, a link to a podcast, or a vlog)
- Motivation letter, no more than one page of A4 indicating why you would like to cover the festival, and also outlining how we would help you to do so, including in ways not mentioned above
Applicants can send their application to [email protected].
The deadline for applications is November 27 at 23:59 CET. Selected participants will be announced no later than December 19.
IFFR Press Office