IFFR 2022, Covid-19, health and safety
IFFR has announced the decision to host an adapted festival programme online in response to growing concerns about the spread of the Omicron variant across Europe and a nationwide lockdown in the Netherlands, in effect from Sunday 19 December.
Our 51st edition will no longer present a full festival programme in Rotterdam screening rooms – instead offering audiences a selection of films online available in the Netherlands, and IFFR Talks available worldwide, on IFFR.com. IFFR Pro industry events CineMart and Rotterdam Lab will also take place online.
For the physical screenings of Along the Way at different locations in Rotterdam we will adapt the following measures and protocols to ensure the health and safety of our visitors.
- Stay at home if you have Covid-19 related symptoms.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep 1,5 metres distance from others.
- Visitors (13 years and older) need to be checked for a QR-code (corona toegangsbewijs, CTB) in the CoronaCheck-app + proof of ID when entering a venue.
The CTB QR-codes are provided by Dutch and other European countries. All people in the Netherlands and from EU countries can get a QR code:
- if they are vaccinated
- if they recently recovered from an infection with Covid-19
- if they got tested at Testen voor Toegang and can show the negative test result (specifically Dutch)
- The QR codes can be shown digitally (Coronacheck-app) and in print
- It is mandatory to wear face masks in public rooms.
- All entrances of IFFR will be equipped with disinfection stations.
- In cooperation with all venues, IFFR is ensuring proper ventilation indoors.
- Visitors and staff should always keep a distance of 1.5 metres from each other