Dutch Post-production Awards
Projects previously supported by one of the HBF schemes are eligible to apply, the awards are aimed at supporting these projects in their final financing stage. An independent international jury will award two cash prizes of €50,000 to be spent on post-production in the Netherlands with a surplus of € 5,000 in kind by the post production company. Award criteria are the artistic quality and financial viability of the film production and the added value of post-production in the Netherlands. The regulations of the Dutch Post-production Awards were updated on 20 October 2020.
Application deadline: 1 December 2020
- Only projects previously supported by the Hubert Bals Fund are eligible, i.e. Script and Project Development, HBF+Europe and/or NFF+HBF.
- Eligible projects should be in the financing or (post-)production phase and should have at least 50% of financing in place.
- The applicant should be the Dutch co-producer of the film.
- Dutch producers can only apply a single project per deadline.
- Applications should be written in English and all visual materials should be subtitled in English.
- The Dutch Post-production Award can only be spent on post-production activities in the Netherlands, at one of the members of the Netherlands Post production Alliance.
- Maximum 10% of the Award can be spent on transport, accommodation and per diems for crew members attending the post-production in the Netherlands and maximum 10% can be allocated as producer's fee for the Dutch co-producer of the film.
- An independent international jury will assess the applications and choose the winners. The jury's decisions cannot be appealed.
- Synopsis (max. 1 page)
- Script or rough cut (via online streaming platform e.g. Vimeo)
- Optional if available: rushes or teaser
- Director’s and producer's biography and filmography
- Director’s statement (max. 3 pages)
- Producer’s statement of the Dutch co-producer (max. 3 pages)
- Post-production plan, including clear intentions on picture post-production, audio post-production, visual effects and preferred Dutch post-production facility
- Post-production budget, including Dutch expenditure
- Post-production schedule (including picture lock date, final delivery date and expected premiere date)
- Top sheet of the total budget
- Finance plan
- Written explanation on finance strategy
- Letters of confirmation of secured financing
- If applicable: production schedule (including first day of principal photography)
- Release and distribution strategy
Compile all items above in 1 PDF or Word document and upload this in your personal account before submitting your application form and link to your rough cut. Only complete dossiers received by the deadline will be taken into consideration.