Dutch Post-production Awards
The Dutch Post-production Award is a collaboration between the Netherlands Film Fund, the Hubert Bals Fund, and the Netherlands Post production Alliance.
The Dutch Post-production Award is aimed at supporting projects previously supported by the Hubert Bals Fund in their final financing stage. This round, an independent jury will award a single prize of €50,000 to be spent on post-production in the Netherlands. Award criteria are the artistic quality and financial viability of the film production and the added value of post-production in the Netherlands.
The Dutch Post-production Award will be discontinued from 2022. Therefore the 1 December 2021 deadline was the final deadline for this Award.
- Only projects previously supported by the Hubert Bals Fund are eligible, under any scheme: Script and Project Development, HBF+Europe or NFF+HBF.
- Eligible projects should be in the financing or (post-)production phase and should have at least 50% of financing in place.
- The applicant should be the Dutch co-producer of the film.
- Dutch producers can only apply with one project per deadline.
- Applications should be written in English and all visual materials should be subtitled in English.
- The Dutch Post-production Award can only be spent on post-production activities in the Netherlands with a member of the Netherlands Post production Alliance.
- Maximum 10% of the award can be spent on transport, accommodation and per diems for crew members attending the post-production in the Netherlands and maximum 10% can be allocated as producer's fee for the Dutch co-producer of the film.
- An independent international jury will assess the applications and choose the winners.
- The jury's decisions cannot be appealed.
- Synopsis (1 page)
- Script or rough cut
- Optional if available: rushes and/or teaser
- Director’s and producer's biography and filmography
- Director’s statement (max. 3 pages)
- Producer’s statement of the Dutch co-producer (max. 3 pages)
- Post-production plan, including clear intentions on audio and picture post-production, visual effects and preferred Dutch post-production facility
- Post-production budget, including Dutch expenditure
- Post-production schedule (including picture lock date, final delivery date and expected premiere date)
- Top sheet of the total budget
- Finance plan
- Written explanation on finance strategy
- Letters of confirmation of secured financing
- If applicable: production schedule (including first day of principal photography)
- Release and distribution strategy
Interim manager Hubert Bals Fund
Jeske van der Slikke
Hubert Bals Fund Coordinator
IFFR Pro, HBF Coordinator & CineMart Project Manager
Tiger Alert Pro newsletter
Our newsletter for film professionals worldwide.