Digital Content Coordinator
Unforgettable films, unexpected encounters, events, performances, art installations, after-parties, that is International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR). As one of the largest audience and industry-driven film festivals in the world, IFFR offers a high-quality line-up of carefully selected fiction and feature films, short films and media art. As the initiator and promoter of independent cinema, IFFR shows films by emerging and established talent from all over the world. We do this with numerous surprising events and regular showings throughout the year, with one of the most important pillars being the festival in January. This results in more than 330,000 visitors annually and approximately 2,400 guests from all around the world. IFFR also actively supports new and high-profile filmmakers through numerous film industry initiatives, including the co-production market CineMart and the Hubert Bals Fund. The 48th edition of IFFR will take place from 23 January to 3 February 2019.
For our new VOD platform IFFR Unleashed we currently have space for a:
Digital Content Coordinator
As Digital Content Coordinator you get the unique opportunity to be part of building an exciting new digital distribution initiative of IFFR, IFFR Unleashed. All the films on this platform are curated by IFFR and were shown during previous festivals. In this role you will be part of an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team consisting of a Project Manager, Digital Marketer CRM & UX, Digital Distribution Manager and Content Experts. Working in this startup environment ensures that you will learn a lot about all aspects of a new company/service. In addition, you become part of one of the largest, most innovative festival in the Netherlands, and you profit from the coolest films, industry initiatives and events.
What will you do?
- Acquisition of film content through direct contact with Filmmakers, Producers and Sales Agents
- Record films, maintain correspondence with right holders of the films about contracts, materials and the progress of online releases
- Ensure timely and complete delivery of content of new film releases on IFFR Unleashed, including planning and coordination and updates on progress
- Enter content in back-end systems and ensure correctness of data, licenses and content coding
- Provide information concerning the IFFR Unleashed titles to all IFFR departments such as MarCom & Press and Development, as well as to the various external parties
- Support research in order to increase the selection of IFFR Unleashed films and fine-tune the content selection in consultation with the Digital Content Manager.
- Editing supplied content material into previews and director portraits
- Writing short texts such as loglines, quotes and critic quotes
- Offer support in improving, developing and testing IFFR Unleashed platform
Who are you?
- You have a passion for films and are knowledgeable about the industry
- Natural partner engagement skills with the ability to develop new and maintain established partner relationships to source content for the IFFR Unleashed platform
- Familiar with video editing
- Possess an entrepreneurial/ startup mentality
- Strong team player and see the possibilities is creating the roadmap together
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passion for or strong interest in films or arts
What do we offer?
- Part-time position of approximately 3 days per week. Also available as freelancer
- The opportunity to be part of the startup of a new online platform
- Work alongside a dedicated team who share your passion for independent film and marketing
- Insider tips for memorable films, unexpected encounters and fabulous events
Sounds like you? Then please use the link below to share your cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!