In April you will get one last chance to watch three of IFFR 2018's most beloved films in a film theatre near you. During IFFR Gemist, you can see Arrhythmia, Jimmie and All You Can Eat Buddha on the big screen one more time.
A couple in crisis in the turbulent state of modern Russia, a war in Europe as seen through the eyes of a child and a weird, Zen-like satire on mass tourism are the three stories that make up the programme. All of them scored high in the IFFR Audience Award 2018, and will only be screened in cinemas during IFFR Gemist.
Don’t miss out and check the overview here for a cinema near you.
The programme consists of:
A passionate, yet often drunk paramedic is about to lose his home, his job and most of all his beloved wife who wants to leave him. A powerful and highly engaging study of a couple in crisis, which reflects the turbulent state of modern Russia.
Four-year-old, blonde Jimmie has to flee his home in Sweden. In this gripping, impressionist film, Jesper Ganslandt (Falkenberg Farewell, The Ape) turns a real crisis upside down and depicts a horrific flight through Europe through the eyes of a child. At times exciting and fun, but more frequently heart-rending. Opening Film IFFR 2018.
All You Can Eat Buddha
A mysterious stranger fascinates the clients of a South-American holiday resort. He starts performing miracles on the spot. Who is he? A weird, funny, Zen-like satire on mass tourism, as if simultaneously directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky and Monty Python (circa The Meaning of Life).
- Alkmaar - Filmhuis Alkmaar, date to be announced
- Amsterdam - Rialto Amsterdam, 9, 16 en 23 april
- Apeldoorn - Podium & Filmtheater Gigant, 21 April
- Arnhem - Focus Filmtheater, date to be announced
- Delft, Filmhuis Lumen, 7 April
- Den Bosch - Verkadefabriek, date to be announced
- Den Haag - Filmhuis Den Haag, 22 April
- Deventer - Filmhuis de Keizer - 29 april
- Enschede - Concordia, date to be announced
- Haarlem - Filmschuur, 2 April
- Hilversum - Filmtheater Hilversum, 29 April, 6 and 13 May
- Leiden - Kijkhuis, 2 April
- Maastricht - Filmhuis Lumière, 15 April
- Middelburg - Cinema Middelburg, 16 & 17 March
- Rotterdam - LantarenVenster, 22 April
- Utrecht - Filmtheater ‘t Hoogt, 8 April
- Wageningen - Movie W, 26, 27 & 28 April