Perspectives is different every year: it’s the section where we present our main thematic programmes, and where relevant social and political issues are investigated in cinema. Watch the video below to see what that means.
Perspectives has brought everything from programmes exploring the lure of science and technology and our obsession with progress, Pan-African cinema, cinema from India's southernmost state Tamil Nadu, a celebration of 90s maximalism, and many more. Read about some recent programmes below:
- IFFR 2018: A History of Shadows (featuring a Masterclass by Lucrecia Martel)
- IFFR 2018: Pan-African Cinema Today (PACT) (featuring this 6-hour talk show)
- IFFR 2018: Maximum Overdrive (featuring this crazy Japanese performance)+++
- IFFR 2018: House on Fire (featuring this panel discussion on Tamil Nadu cinema)
- IFFR 2018: Curtain Call (featuring this art exhibition)
- IFFR 2017: Parallax Views
- IFFR 2017: Black Rebels (featuring a Masterclass by Barry Jenkins)
- IFFR 2017: A Band Apart
- IFFR 2017: Criss-Cross
- IFFR 2017: Picture Palestine
Watch the video until the end where you’ll find the first hints for IFFR 2019.
Keep checking back for programme updates, all to be revealed very soon!