This year's BoostNL programme, a collaboration between the Nederlands Film Festival and IFFR, will see eight more Dutch and international projects receive intensive expert support and guidance from leading script, production, sales, distribution and marketing professionals, as well as exposure to new finance and production partners.
This programme kicks off in Utrecht in September 2018 and concludes in January 2019 in Rotterdam during the IFFR PRO Days. BoostNL consists of Dutch projects in development and international projects that have been granted support by IFFR’s Hubert Bals Fund.
Among international participants will be El rostro de la medusa by Melisa Liebenthal (Argentina) who won the Bright Future Award at IFFR 2016 with Las lindas. Among the Dutch participants is graphic novelist and filmmaker Guido van Driel whose The resurrection of a bastard was the opening film at the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2013.
The full 2018 BoostNL selection
BoostNL Selected international projects
- La hija de todas las rabias, writer & director: Laura Baumeister – production company: Tanacatana Films/Pomme Hurlante (Nicaragua/France)
- The neo-new adventures, writer & director: Qiu Jiongjiong – production company: Little Reunions Culture and Media Co., Ltd. (China)
- El rostro de la medusa, writer & director: Melisa Liebenthal – production company: Gentil (Argentina)
- Tiger stripes, writer & director: Amanda Nell Eu – production company: Ghost Grrrl Pictures (Malaysia)
BoostNL Selected Dutch projects
- The last ride of the wolves, writers: Alberto De Michele & Simone de Rita – director: Alberto De Michele – production company: HALAL Pictures (the Netherlands)
- Methusalem writer: Bastiaan Kroeger – director: Floor van der Meulen – production company: Keplerfilm (the Netherlands)
- MR. K, writer & director: Tallulah Schwab – production company: The Film Kitchen (the Netherlands)
- When we lost to the Germans, writers: Bas Blokker & Guido van Driel – director: Guido van Driel – production company: Family Affair Films (The Netherlands).
Photo in header: BoostNL meeting at IFFR 2018