At the upcoming festival, the BoostNL programme - a collaborative project between IFFR / CineMart and the Netherlands Film Festival - will present a selection of nine projects that were previously presented at CineMart, or ones that have been granted support by HBF.
Following up on the session at NFF in September 2017, the second BoostNL programme will have its round-up during IFFR PRO Days. The aim of the programme is to offer guidance to the selected projects as well as exposure to new potential partners.
The following projects are present at IFFR 2018
- Aquí no hay invierno by Alejandro Andújar (Dominican Republic). Winner of the Yellow Robin Award in Curacao IFFR
- El azul bajo sus pies (Beyond the Blue Bridge) by Isabel Lamberti (the Netherlands)
- Baby by Marcelo Caetano (Brazil)
- The Hague Hilton by Boris Paval Conen (the Netherlands)
- Life on Mars by Michiel van Erp (the Netherlands)
- Nasir by Arun Karthick (India)
- Nocturne by Viktor van der Valk (the Netherlands). Work-in-Progress
- The Stranger by Zhengfan Yang (China)
- La vaca que cantó una canción sobre el futuro by Francisca Alegría (Chile)
After the HFM session last September we are very happy to announce that the work-in-progress Der Unschuldige by Simon Jaquemet (Switzerland) has signed with sales agent Kinology (France). La cama by Mónica Lairana (Argentina) is currently finishing their post-production.
The feature film debut of Alejandro Andújar, El hombre que cuida (The Watchman), won the Yellow Robin Award.CIFFR 2017
By uniting forces, the two co-production platforms of HFM and CineMart create a new space in which the selected projects can get stronger film industry exposure. Furthermore, the participant project representatives will receive advice from film professionals through a series of individual meetings with special attention paid to their festival, sales and marketing strategies. From the first BoostNL programme four films now enter the IFFR 2018 programme.
BoostNL films at IFFR 2018
- The Reports on Sarah and Saleem, Muayad Alayan (Palestine, Netherlands, Germany, Mexico). World Premiere
- Loveling, Gustavo Pizzi (Brazil, Uruguay). World premiere at Sundance.
- Charlie and Hannah’s Grand Night Out, Bert Scholiers (Belgium).
- Sultry, Marina Meliande (Brazil). World Premiere
Read more on the already announced filmprogramme of IFFR 2018Films
Photo in header: The Reports on Sarah and Saleem, Muayad Alayan (Palestine, Netherlands, Germany, Mexico).